Thursday, September 27, 2007

Any bets on day 3?

Mom here. We haven't posted because I've been working a lot and Megan has been in school, so we've been relatively disaster free, but Megan's on a run, so I thought I'd post. Anyone who has spent any amount of time around Megan knows she has an uncanny ability to accidentally spill drinks. She's taken it to a new level! Yesterday, she thought she'd get herself a drink of milk, and dumped a gallon of milk all over the kitchen floor (and down the air vent that is in our floor). Deep breath, Amy. It's only milk. I got it all out of the vent (I hope, I guess we'll know more when the heat kicks in this winter). Lesson learned, there was no crying or yelling over the spilt milk. Today, I had just opened a 2 liter of diet coke and was getting a cup to pour myself a drink....yep, here comes Megan....before I could turn around and tell he not to touch, the coke was all over the floor, splattered on the cabinets, under the fridge and oven. I guess I won't be having that coke after all. Anyone want to place bets on what large container of liquid Megan will get her hands on tomorrow? I'm thinking the canola oil is going to make our floors nice and slippery. One can hope, right?

5 comments:

heidizinha said...

soy sauce could be pretty nasty too.

Shannon Bousfield said...

My kids spill ALL the time too! It makes me batty. I know I'm supposed to have more patience and be loving, but when they are acting crazy in our tiny kitchen and make a mess that I have to clean up, I get sooo annoyed. I know I'm supposed to make them clean it up, but they don't do a good enough job and then I've yelled at them to clean it up (giving me guilt) and it's still a mess. Will there be a time in my life when I'm NOT always picking up after someone else?!

Hillary said...

How bout syrup? That would be fun to clean up!
I admire your sense of calmness. My son had a bloody nose last night and I had to be carefull not to be mad at him because he got some on the rug. I would be worst mom of the century for being mad at him for something he didn't do on purpose, because I NEVER do that :}

Keep on hangin in there.
xoxo

k e n d r a said...

too bad it's never soap...

and a little warm water....

and a sponge...

Candace said...

I forgot that you had your own blog. I am so glad that I remembered so I can see/read what you have been up to. Wow, hopefully there wasn't a day 3.