Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm in the Army Now

Here I am getting mustered into the Continental Army. The man in front was Mad Dog, the captain of the army. He was trying to teach us how to handle a rifle. I'm not sure I should ever be given a gun. I'm a little confused as to what to do. It's a good thing the one they gave me was just a wooden cutout.
The one thing the Captain told us was not to point the gun at him....look where my gun is pointed...hee hee hee.
After getting mustered into the army, we had to leave about half way through the training to go to the tour of Independence Hall. They made a big deal about it, saying we were deserting the fight for freedom. We told them we had been called to Philadelphia to serve the Continental Congress. They didn't buy it. For a more detailed entry on our trip to Philly, see my brother's blog at www.noah-jorgensen.blogspot.com

No comments: