Monday, August 20, 2007

Me vs. the Musuem of Natural History



So Monday morning we got up and I got to ride my very first subway. Mom was a nervous wreck. She was sure i was going to go over the edge onto the tracks and she was going to have to jump down and save me. I gave her a few good scares trying to rip myself away from her, but we made it onto the train and downtown to the museum. Yes, I am wearing my awesome shirt that says "I'm a wiener" So cool. I love it because it has a wiener dog on the shirt and I love saying 'wiener dog'. It makes me laugh. We got to the museum and saw a bunch of cool things. Noah and I kept asking to see "dum dum want gum gum" from "Night at the Museum" (that's the big head from Easter Island). Saying "dum dum want gum gum" made me laugh, too. We didn't ever get to see if they had a head from Easter island, but we did see a cool big head carved out of stone, and lots of cool dead animals. We went through the section on African peoples and culture just to see what Grammy and Poppy might encounter.



I hope they don't ever meet up with the guy from the Congo. He was scary looking! We finished off the day up at the dinosaurs. By that time I was done looking at things and wanted to get into trouble.

I tried wedging myself behind one of the exhibits. That didn't work to well.


Then I went to my strengths...by the time I was finished with this computer station I had pressed the mouse so often that the computer didn't know which way was up. Mom stood there for a few minutes to see if it would reboot itself or unfreeze...It didn't. I win! Like I said, I've got computer skills. Give me 5 minutes on any computer and I can crash it, freeze it, or rename so many essential files it has no hope of ever figuring out how to run properly again. I am a master.

2 comments:

heidizinha said...

I'm so jealous you got to play with your cousins in New York. Hopefully we will come out for thanksgiving. We love to read your blog--its our favorite thing to check each day!

Hillary said...

Hi Megan,
I'm an old friend of your mom's. Sounds like you had fun in New York. I would love to visit there some day. Looks like you give your momma a run for her money! You have a great mom! Any time you want stories of her as a little girl, just let me know! I like reading your blog. I wish I was as adventurous as you! I hope one day to be able to meet you.
Have a great day!
Hillary (Miles) Beamish